President Joe Biden signed the $1.9 trillion stimulus bill into effect Thursday afternoon, according to the White House.
The bill was signed at 1:30 p.m. in the Oval Office.
The bill, approved by the House, then revised and approved by the Senate and re-approved by the House, is a victory for the Democrats. The Republicans went against the bill, but the Democrat run House and Senate passed the bill mainly along party lines.
The bill includes:
- $350 billion for state, local and tribal governments
- $14 billion for the distribution of vaccines
- $10 billion for critical state infrastructure projects
- $130 billion to primary and secondary schools
- Stimulis checks up to $1,400
For more information click here.