All Louisville City School District buildings remain on lockdown Monday after a threatening phone call was received by Louisville High School earlier in the morning, according to district officials.
Superintendent Michele Shaffer said the high school went into lockdown “out of an abundance of caution” shortly after the threat was made. The lockdown was later extended to all district buildings as law enforcement and administrators continue to investigate.
“At this time, all students, staff, and visitors are safe,” the district said in a message to families. “Law enforcement is on scene, and the situation is being closely monitored.”
The district is asking parents and guardians to refrain from calling or going to the schools to keep phone lines and entrances clear for safety and communication purposes.
“We understand this is a concerning situation,” Shaffer said. “We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work closely with law enforcement to ensure the safety of everyone in our schools.”
Officials said updates will continue to be shared through ParentSquare as more information becomes available.

