A man died after being severely burned while working on a home fuel furnace in Carroll County.
The incident happened Wednesday evening and the man died Thursday early morning in the Akron Children’s Burn Unit, according to Carroll County Sheriff Calvin Graham.
David Kehl, 72, was working on a fuel furnace at his home on Nature Rd in Kensington, according to the Sheriff’s report.
Kehl called two people to tell him he had burnt himself. When they arrived to his house on Nature Road, they located the 72-year-old laying on the ground outside of his garage with his clothes burnt off.
He was transported to the Akron Children’s Hospital Burn Unit by helicopter where he died hours later.
According to the report, there was a five gallon can found laying on the ground with a hose sticking out of it along the outside of the garage. Cigarettes were also found in Kehl’s shirt pocket.
The incident remains under investigation.