ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (JMN Sports) – On the first of two days for the 2022 OHSAA Track and Field District Championships, Tusky Valley’s boys 4×800-meter relay team took the Division III District title with an 8:47.33 finish at St. Clairsville High School.
Buckeye Trail (8:55.18) finished second in the relay race, while Hiland (8:58.28) took third.
Other area qualifiers for next week’s Regional meet in Pickerington include:
- Newcomerstown junior Bladon Garland (20-03, first place), Tuscarawas Central Catholic junior Jordan Cherry (19-10.25, second), Strasburg freshman Parker Edwards (19-08.75), and Malvern junior Ja’Son Barrino (19-04, fourth) in the boys’ long jump.
- Buckeye Trail senior Brendan Bates (12-06, second place), sophomore Janson Alloway (12-06, third), and Newcomerstown senior Austin Lambus (11-00, fourth) in the boys’ pole vault.
- TCC freshman Julia Sciaretti (4-10, second place) and Buckeye Trail senior Ava Tank (4-08, fourth) in the girls’ high jump.
- Newcomerstown senior Caitlin Green (10-00, first place), freshman Ayla Norman (7-00, fourth), and Garaway sophomore Natalia Flores (7-00, third) in the girls’ pole vault.
- Garaway senior Makayla Sitzlar (35-06.50, third place) and Ridgewood junior Jessica Dotson (34-06.00, fourth) in the girls’ shot put.
Garaway’s girls finished second in the 4×800 relay with a 10:15.99 total time, while Strasburg (10:43.47) finished fourth behind first-place Fort Frye (10:09.18).
Various District track and field competitions will resume on Thursday.