Two residents suffered smoke inhalation early Saturday morning after a fire at their home in the 12000 block of Baywood St SE.

Minerva Fire Chief Aaron Stoller said his department responded to the single-story wood framed ranch home with mutual aid from local departments for reports of a house fire.

When they arrived, they learned that the two residents in the home were woken up by smoke in the home. When the male went to check it out, he opened the garage door and found the garage on fire.

Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire from a family room that connected the garage and the home to prevent the fire from spreading to the house.

The two residents of the home were transported to Aultman Hospital for smoke inhalation. Red Cross has been contacted for family assistance.